Permission For Aerial Work (PFAW)

If a company or individual is operating their UAV commercially (which the Civil Aviation Authority defines as getting any kind of valuable consideration for your work) then their aircraft must be registered with the CAA and have a permit for aerial work.

Any reputable company will be able to show you their permissions document for the aircraft they are going to use. This clearly shows the conditions they can fly under. The conditions vary slightly for different aircraft. If a company is operating without a permit for aerial work then it is possible that the pilot’s experience is questionable and it is unlikely that they are insured.

If you use a company or individual, without a PFAW, to carryout aerial work that has any kind of commercial value then you may also be liable for any legal action that might ensue. Even if the aerial work is claimed to be carried out free of charge.

+44 (0) 28 9073 9500

We are currently building a large archive of Aerial shots which can be purchased online at AIRSTOC.

This library will be updated regularly. If you don’t find what your looking for contact us for bespoke aerial filming.